PAGES

Progress

31 May 2013

I have to admit, I am totally sick of the Laundry Room. I think I was ready to throw in the towel once the washer and dryer where installed. However I had started to paint, therefore I had to finish!

Memorial Day weekend would have been a good time to knock out this project, however we had better things to do that weekend!

This week, I have managed to finish almost all the painting. I have this tricky spot behind the water heater and HVAC unit. Overall I think I did well! The color is Valspar Betsy Ross House Moss in a Semi Gloss finish. I think the finish is a little too shinny for my taste, but I went off the recommendation of the Lowes employee.



What is left:

  1. I need to source new shelves. I was hoping to repurpose my Ikea Ivar Unit from the old apartment, however once we where able to put the appliances downstairs it be came apparent that the shelves did not fit. 
  2. I would like to add a countertop on top of the washer and dryer, so that I have a flat surface for a ironing board. Jes is already fighting me on this. Since the appliances are next to the HVAC, he'll need to access them if we ever have an issue. A countertop would only get in the way... I guess he has a point. 
  3. Clean up any drywall mud that is stuck to the utility sink, gas line, ducts and copper pipes. 
  4. Dust HVAC and water heater
  5. Accessorize! 

I would LOVE to get a new utility sink - found this one by Kohler. However it's not in the budget for this makeover. Maybe after we get the entire house sorted, I'll splurge for the sink. 


x, Shan
Follow us on Pinterest
Jes & Shan

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger