PAGES

Project: Spare Bedroom

10 November 2013

While my head has been in the living room, I quickly realized that we need to get our spare bedroom ready in time for the holidays!

Progress has started on the gallery wall in the living room. Meaning, I've mapped out where the art will actually sit on the wall and that's really about it...


Since I constantly have Jesse's nagging voice saying "one room at a time...". I would like to introduce the official project of the moment - the spare bedroom, aka the room full of hand-me downs. I should not need too much to whip this room in to shape. Plus, I'll get the added bonus of feeling good about completing another project.

I have decided the colors that seller used... Um, had to go! It's the bedroom that gets the most light and it felt gloomy. We choose to use Benjamin Moore Lancaster Whitewash on the walls and White Dove for the trim. To add a nice visual contrast, I decide to paint one wall Benjamin Moore Hale Navy.


The bed was a hand-me down from a downsized company apartment (very like new condition!!!). The coverlet was a something I had purchased in hopes of changing up our bedding, but never got around to changing. The art was created by Jesse's grandmother, just need to find a cheap fix to those frames.

Right now we are off to a good start with the basics... Just need to add some character! Oh, and paint above the closets!


x, Shan
Follow us on Pinterest

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger