Making some progress

12 October 2013

I think we are trying to do too much. Every time I turn around, there is something that we need to accomplish. O'well, it will all be done in time... right!?!

Last weekend, we managed to fix the damage we created in the basement and fix a mouse hole in the kitchen.

If you remember, we took out a large section of the wall in the basement to maneuver our washer and dryer downstairs. Rather than building the wall exactly as it was, we decided to cap off the hole. Just in case we have more items we need to move down to the basement. Did I mention I need a new couch down there!?!

Here is the unfinished outcome:

We still have to: pick a paint color, fill in the top gap with plaster, and fix the stairs.

However we have also discovered a mouse issue... um... yuck!

Look, I live in an urban environment and mice happen. That doesn't mean I have to like it! I found a mouse snooping through my fancy simple human trash can, yep he crawled right up in there! Therefore we had to take immediate action. I'm sorry, but when you lift lid of your trash can and there is a pair of eyes staring back at you... I'm not sure about you, but my first reaction was to scream. Our dog ran upstairs and hid under the bed. Once I calmed down, we started a mouse hole hunting mission.

Since we purchased a brand new rehab, at the time of our sale, we didn't think to check behind appliances for holes. However, our prior apartment living experience has trained us to always look behind the stove, dishwasher, and fridge for mouse holes! Sure enough, we found them.

We discovered exposed outlets behind our stove (not good) and a giant hole behind the dishwasher. It looks like the contractor accidentally damaged the drywall and didn't fix it because they knew a dishwasher was going to block it.

Lesson learned - check behind the appliances in your home inspection.

x, Shan
Follow us on Pinterest
Jes & Shan

No comments:


Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger